This week was a little different from all of the previous weeks! We went to Guilin! Party time! Excellent!
- Here are the rules for the game Assassin (WordNet:assassin) that we'll play starting in Guilin. The object of the game is to be the last assassin alive. In other words, kill, kill, kill!
- Starting: You will be given the English name of a classmate. That person will be your target for assassination. Don't let others know who your target is; it will only make it easier for your target to avoid you.
- Killing: The most important thing is: you may only kill someone if the last thing they said was NOT in English.To kill someone, you must hit them with a sock. (What's a WordNet:sock?) You can throw the sock at them, or you can whip them with it. But there are two two important rules about killing someone: first, you must have a witness, or a person who saw you kill your target. This witness does not have to be a student; it can be anyone. It could be an accomplice, for example (WordNet:accomplice). Second, if you throw the sock and the person you are trying to kill catches it with his/her hands, the assassination attempt has failed!
- Dying: Once you have died, you can no longer kill other people, and you lose your target. But, you may still participate in the spreading of lies and misinformation, to heighten the fun! In particular, you might trick someone into speaking Chinese at the wrong moment!
- Reporting: After you kill someone, your victim's target becomes your new target. This is the best time to strike again - your new target doesn't yet know that you are after him/her! This is very important. Let Bino or Rob know who you have killed so they can keep a record.
- Winning: The winner is the last assassin left standing, or "unsocked"!